Some notes as I work through J. L. Dagg’s Manual of Theology (1857) one chapter at a time.
Book 2, Chapter 2: Attributes of God (Part 10 – Holiness)
1. Holiness = God is immaculately holy.
2. Holiness is a name that includes all the moral attributes of God such as goodness, truth and justice.
3. Holiness implies perfection.
4. When you compare human beings to God, “even the purest of men have their spots.”
5. Where does reflection on God’s holiness lead. It leads to an increase in our admiration and love for God, “adds fervour to our devotion”, and should lead to us both worshipping God and imitating Him “in our character and lives.”
(Photo: Ben White)