Notes from FIEC Leadership in Lockdown webinar on Easter Evangelism in Lockdown with John Stevens and a panel of gospel workers.
1. God alone can restore His people as He is restoring His people from exile through the cross and resurrection. He is at work building His house, protecting His city, and gathering His people. Jesus’ resurrection means our gospel work is not vain. We can labour in trust and confidence.
2. The backdrop for evangelism this Easter is leading the church out of lockdown. How do we regather well after lockdown?
3. It has been difficult to connect with those who have accessed our ministries online over the last year.
4. In addition to publicising to contacts and via social media Good Friday/Easter Sunday Services both in-person and online, here are some other evangelistic ideas.
– One minute testimony videos for social media answering question ‘Why Easter changed my life’
– Distribute to care homes, neighbours, delivery drivers Hope for Easter CDs.
– Johnny Prime’s Who Moved the Stone? drama [use recorded video or act it out as a church on zoom] with short gospel talk.
5. Ed Drew and Faith in Kids have some brilliant resources available for free.
– Zoom Easter Script [backdrops available]
– Weekend of Wonder
– Homes of Hope [trail around the community]
– Escape Room [virtual]
– Easter Assembly
– Easter Bake Along [Saturday 27 March 2pm]
6. Can you drop of materials or ingredients to families so they can take part in some of the Faith in Kids activities?