They need to be taught the whole counsel of God.
What does that mean?
David & Sally Michael:
- A story-based Bible chronology emphasising key biblical truths.
- Biblical theology – the main “storyline” of the Bible, in which God progressively reveals His redemptive purposes, which come to their complete fulfilment in the Person and work of Jesus.
- Systematic theology – providing the foundations doctrines of the Christian faith.
- Moral instruction – the commands of Scripture, which communicate ethical instruction, guiding us in the righteous ways of God.
- An explicit presentation of the Gospel – the essential truths of the Gospel leading to an understanding of saving faith.
- Bible study skills – instruction in studying Scripture through the use of inductive Bible study skills.