Trainee Pastor Programme at Banstead Community Church – Week 2
Friday (8/9): EverGreen [seniors’ ministry] // Church Bible Study
Saturday (9/9): Men’s Prayer Breakfast // Day Off
Sunday (10/9): Morning & Evening Services at Banstead Community Church
Monday (11/9): Study Day
Tuesday (12/9): The Ministerium [pastors’ gathering] // Kids Zone [after-school club] // Elders’ Meeting
Wednesday (13/9): Weekly discussion with Pastor // Lunchtime Bible Club at Junior School
Thursday (14/9): Jelly Tots [parents and toddler group] // Church Prayer Meeting
#1 – List all the different metaphors for the church and use them to answer the question – ‘What is the church like…?’
#2 – Reading Assignment – The Heart of the Church by Joe Thorn.
#3 – Sermon Preparation on Galatians 1:1-10.
What we discussed this week?
- Rick Warren’s 5 circles of commitment as a helpful way of think about the people inside and outside the church and how it fits with the Bible’s categories of members or non-members.
- Pastoral Visiting – who? how often? priority of members.
- Productivity and our approach to getting things done.
- Why I don’t like To Do list apps.
- What you say ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ to and the danger of people pleasing.
- Daily devotional time in the Word and prayer.
- Using MailChimp to help your daily walk as a disciple of Jesus.
(Photo: Cpl. Sarah Dietz)