John Stevens (FIEC National Director) has written a great assessment of the rejection by General Synod of legislation to bring in women bishops.
- It reveals the confused reality of the Church of England
- It reveals the irrelevance of the church to national life
- It reveals the naiveté of thinking that women bishops will make the church more effective in mission
- It reveals that the consecration of women bishops is inevitable
- It reveals that the arguments used by supporters of women bishops make the acceptance of practising homosexual clergy and bishops equally inevitable
- It reveals the impossibility of a state church acting as a prophetic gospel voice in the nation
- It reveals the lack of a long-term future for conservative evangelicals in the Church of England
Read the whole response HERE.