Trainee Pastor Programme at Banstead Community Church – Week 9
Friday (27/10): EverGreen [seniors’ ministry]
Saturday (28/10): Day Off
Sunday (29/10): Morning & Evening Services at Banstead Community Church
Monday (30/10): Study Day
Tuesday (31/10): Kids Zone [after-school club]
Wednesday (1/11): Weekly discussion with Pastor // Lunchtime Bible Club at Junior School
Thursday (2/11): Jelly Tots [parents and toddler group] // FIEC London Leaders’ Gathering
#1 – Listen to Pastoral Theology Lectures 8 & 9 taught by Tom Ascol and produce an outline of each talk; noting down any particular highlights, any questions or points of clarification; and personal applications.
#2 – Reflect on what the implications of the mark of the church being “one” is for the life of the church.
#3 – Reading Assignment: The Deliberate Church (Mark Dever & Paul Alexander).
#4 – Sermon Preparation on Galatians 2:1-10.
#5 – Prepare Youth Bible Study (Y6-9) on John 6.
What we discussed this week?
- Do people understand the authority of an elder/pastor?
- Spiritual disciplines of a pastor.
- How much should we identify and talk about false doctrine from the pulpit vs 1-1 conversations or Bible studies?
- How do you remain joyful?
- Where do you stand on the regulative/normative principle?
- Anointing and laying hands on people.
- What would you say to people who give themselves the title “apostle”?
- How should we view someone who has been excommunicated?
- Do we make too much or not enough of the Spirit?
- How can we display unity with other churches?
- Dance (performed) in church services.
- How can pastors help parents disciple their children?
(Photo: Cpl. Sarah Dietz)