Trainee Pastor Programme at Banstead Community Church – Week 8
Friday (20/10): EverGreen [seniors’ ministry]
Saturday (21/10): Day Off
Sunday (22/10): Morning & Evening Services at Banstead Community Church
Monday (23/10): Study Day
Tuesday (24/10): Weekly discussion with Pastor // Elders’ Meeting
Wednesday (25/10): Crematorium Service
Thursday (26/10): Church Prayer Meeting
#1 – Watch the following talks from For The Church National Conference and produce an outline of each talk; noting down any particular highlights, any questions or points of clarification; and personal applications.
- The Minister’s Study (Owen Strachan)
- The Minister’s Preaching (Jason K. Allen)
- The Minister’s Prayer (H.B. Charles Jr)
- The Minister’s Mission (Matt Carter)
- The Minister’s Marriage (Ray Ortlund Jr)
- The Minister’s Legacy (Jared Wilson)
- The Minister’s Gospel (Matt Chandler)
#2 – Reading Assignment: Sojourners and Strangers by Gregg Allison.
#3 – Reading Assignment: The Church by Ed Clowney.
#4 – Sermon Preparation on Galatians 2:1-10.
What we discussed this week?
- Balancing study with other responsibilities as a pastor.
- Preaching the whole counsel of God.
- Have you ever been tempted to quit?
- Are we quick/irreverent in prayer?
- Accountability partners.
- How to stay humble?
- Marriage courses.
- How not to be enslaved to other’s opinions in a new church.
- More than one main point in a passage of Scripture. How do you find it/them?
- What is the place of topical preaching?
- Conversion and children.
- As giving is part of membership, should the pastor/elders know who gives? Why/why not?
- Do you read books on management/church growth?
(Photo: Cpl. Sarah Dietz)