Trainee Pastor Programme at Banstead Community Church – Week 4
Friday (22/9): Sermon Preparation on Galatians 1:11-24 // EverGreen [seniors’ ministry]
Saturday (23/9): Day Off
Sunday (24/9): Morning & Evening Services at Banstead Community Church // Leading at Morning Service // Preaching on Galatians 1:11-24 at Evening Service
Monday (25/9): Study Day
#1 – Listen to Pastoral Theology Lecture 1 taught by Tom Ascol and produce an outline of each talk; noting down any particular highlights, any questions or points of clarification; and personal applications.
#2 – Reflect on what the implications of the metaphor of Church as a Building/Temple are for the life of the church.
#3 – Reading Assignment – The Life of the Church by Joe Thorn
Tuesday (26/9): Prepare Kids Talk on 1 Samuel 13-15 // Kids Zone [after-school club] // Elders’ Meeting
Wednesday (27/9):Weekly discussion with Pastor // Lunchtime Bible Club at Junior School // Sermon Preparation on Ruth 1:1-22
- Why don’t we celebrate the Lord’s Supper every week?
- Open vs Close vs Closed Communion.
- What is meant by ‘able to teach’?
- How can pastors practice personal evangelism well?
- What doctrines are first order, second order etc? Where does complementarianism fits in?
- Church as a body and its relationship to Christ the head, and how listening to the head affects the health of the church (dead/dying/disabled/sick/healthy).
- How Christians speak about other Christians especially when there is disagreement over their understanding about what the Bible teaches.
- Is the managerial trend (Pastor as CEO) a US or worldwide phenomenon?
- Is it possible to be ‘too theological’ and not practical/pragmatic enough?
Thursday (28/9): Jelly Tots [parents and toddler group] // Sermon Preparation on Ruth 1:1-22 // Church Prayer Meeting
(Photo: Cpl. Sarah Dietz)