Trainee Pastor Programme at Banstead Community Church – Week 3
Friday (15/9): Pizza Truth [Y6-9 Bible Study]
Saturday (16/9): Day Off
Sunday (17/9): Morning & Evening Services at Banstead Community Church
Monday (18/9): Study Day
Tuesday (19/9): Weekly discussion with Pastor // Kids Zone [after-school club]
Wednesday (20/9): Lunchtime Bible Club at Junior School
Thursday (21/9): Jelly Tots [parents and toddler group] // Time To Think [evangelistic Bible study at local cafe]
#1 – Watch the following talks from The Gospel Coalition National Conference and produce an outline of each talk; noting down any particular highlights, any questions or points of clarification; and personal applications.
#2 – Reflect on what the implications of the metaphor of Church as a Body are for the life of the church.
#3 – Reading Assignment – The Character of the Church by Joe Thorn.
#4 – Preaching on Galatians 1:1-10 at Evening Service.
#5 – Sermon Preparation on Galatians 1:11-24.
What we discussed this week?
- Preparing to lead a corporate worship service – structure, choosing songs, different types of prayers to include.
- The sheer volume of preaching that took place in Calvin’s Geneva.
- What might Calvin’s Institutions – the company of pastors; the congregation; the consistory; the centure – look like today?
- How can catechising take place in a local church?
- Frequency of the Lord’s Supper.
- How helpful is it to use the terms ‘Calvinism’ or ‘TULIP’? Are there better ways of teaching sovereignty of God in salvation without using this terminology?
(Photo: Cpl. Sarah Dietz)