Trainee Pastor Programme at Banstead Community Church – Week 1
Friday (1/9): Study Day
#1 – Read through 1 Thessalonians and make a list of reasons to praise God, sins to confess, what God has done for which we can thank Him, imperatives to pray for the church to live out.
#2 – Watch the following talks from 9Marks ‘First Five Years’ conference and produce an outline of each talk; noting down any particular highlights, any questions or points of clarification; and personal applications.
- 15 Ways to Cultivate a Gospel Centered Church (Mark Dever)
- Be Strong and Courageous, Young Leader (Thabiti Anyabwile)
- Loving Your Family While Leading God’s Church (Garrett Kell)
- How to have a Word-Shaped Sunday Gathering (Trip Lee)
#3: Reading Assignment – Do More Better by Tim Challies
Saturday (2/9): Day Off
Sunday (3/9): Morning & Evening Services at Banstead Community Church
Monday (4/9): Healthy Churches Conference with Jonathan Leeman at Duke Street Church
Tuesday (5/0): Weekly discussion with Pastor // Study // Pub Theology Group
- Liturgy used in Sunday worship services.
- Addressing non-Christians in sermons.
- What are the temptations that might cause pastors to lose courage in their ministry?
- How do we balance church and family life?
- Music at Banstead Community Church.
- Who should read, pray, lead in worship services.
#1: Reading Assignment – Chapter 27 ‘Baptism’ of Bible Doctrine by Wayne Grudem
#2: Reading Assignment – Do More Better by Tim Challies
Wednesday (6/9): Lunchtime Bible Club at Junior School // Sermon Preparation on Galatians 1:1-10
Thursday (7/9): Jelly Tots [parents and toddler group] // Sermon Preparation on Galatians 1:1-10 // Church Prayer Meeting
(Photo: Cpl. Sarah Dietz)