“Each week, I choose one or two churches and pray for their services that day. I pray for the church to be attentive to the Word of God. I pray for the pastor to speak boldly and accurately from the Bible. I pray for people to be convicted of their sin, for Christians to be encouraged in the faith, and for non-Christians to be converted. I also thank the Lord that we live in a city where we are not the only church in which the gospel is proclaimed.”
Why is it a good thing to do?
- It helps to crucify a spirit of competition in the pastor.
- It helps to crucify a spirit of competition in the members.
- Praying for other churches communicates that we are all on the same team and we have the same mission.
- It helps the pastor to cultivate friendships with the pastors of other local churches.
- It reminds everyone that God is glorifying His Son through the work of churches all over cities and the world.